Want to make gluten free bread? People with celiac disease are prescribed with gluten free diet. If you have any such patient in your home who is suffering from chronic celiac disease, sticking to gluten free diet is a prerequisite.
You can bake gluten free bread for them to serve a fresh and healthy meal. If you are keen to know about how to make gluten free bread at your home maintaining best authenticity, read here and learn the process.
Before you start preparing the ingredients, you need to check if your bread machine can bake gluten free breads. You will get to see the info in the machine’s manual. Gluten free bread batter needs extra kneading, which is not possible to manage unless your bread making machine is built with that facility. If you find it there, now it’s time to accumulate all required ingredients on your kitchen top.
The list of ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups warm water (temperature of water should be between 105- and 110°)
- 2 teaspoons good quality active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 eggs which are kept in a room temperature
- 1 egg white, which isto be kept and prepared under a room temperature
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 4 and 1/2 tablespoon virgin olive oil or grape-seed oil
- Around 450 gramsmulti-purpose gluten-free flour best quality and/or Bread Mix
How to prepare fresh yummy gluten free bread:
- Take a glass-measuring cup, and add in it lukewarm 1 and 1/2 cups water; keep on boiling until the water reaches105-110° temperature. Now add the yeast and sugar into it and keep on stirring to mix completely. Set aside when the mix becomes foamy, and rest in for around 8-10 minutes
- Take a fork for whisking; start beating gently together 2 eggs & 1 egg white until the mix becomes smooth, and then add the mix to baking pan of your home bread maker machine
- Now you need to add apple cider vinegar and oil to the baking pan of the machine
- Add in it already prepared foamy yeast and the water mixture to the baking pan
- Now take the multi-purpose gluten-free flour
- It’s time now to place the baking pan in bread making machine and select the programming for gluten-free bread baking mode and press the start button
- After completing the mixing cycles, and before the rising cycle begins, take a spatula to stir gently to check if any remaining flour is stuck to any corners of the bread pan. You may also take away the mixing blade by this time so it can be removed from the baked bread
Tips for baking gluten free bread
There are always some open secrets for preparing tasty bakery. Gluten free bread baking also comes under this baking rule. Some tips are added here from master bakers which will surely add better texture and taste to your baked gluten free bread, and you will get to learn some advanced tips for how to make gluten free bread learning course.
- Make sure that you have kept the water temperature according to the recipe recommendation. Too cold water will not be effective for the yeast, while too hot water will be damaging and it can slay the yeast
- Make sure that you have selected the best quality yeast. Yeast must create foam; otherwise the baking will not be at par
- Use eggs, which are kept at a room temperature. If eggs are too cold, your bread may not rise as much as it has to be ideally
- When your bread machine alerts you with the beep sound, it means that rising cycle is supposed to be started.Before the rising phase starts, you need to use a spatula to mix in all remaining flour and also to take out the blade of the baking pan so it won’t be there during the baking phase.
- When the bread is prepared after it gets fully baked, immediately take away and turn upside down the pan on top of a cooling rack to take out the bread out from the baking pan. Now allow it to get cool completely before you slice it for serving or for preserving for further use.
- It is a reality that the results of home-baked gluten free bread may vary due to variation in humidity. You may need to add some improvisation for getting the best result.
- When the bread is made, take out of the machine, and let it cool down.
- If you want to bake brown bread, you need to use 1 cup of white rice flour in your batter making method. The results are generally excellent taste wise and look wise.
Tender Buttermilk Bread:
- Tender Buttermilk Bread is a tasty variant with special unique flavor; it stays fresh longer than other variants of gluten free breads. Even lactose-intolerant celiac patients can consume buttermilk, so this variant is a good alternative for them.
- You need to follow the same recipe for baking White Bread, but you should substitute 1/2 cup powdered buttermilk for the used milk powder and discard the vinegar. Now you need to follow the baking instructions as usual for baking the bread.
A bread making machine is a good way to expediently and carefully make gluten-free bread without getting concerned about the chances of cross-contamination from an oven or from a mixer.
This is the simple but most productive way to prepare quality and yummy gluten free bread in your home. It is easy and it hardly takes any extra time than baking usual variety of breads. How to make gluten free bread is simple to learn and perform, and practice will make your baking best in its quality.