Homemade food has become a trend, in recent years. This is due to more people realizing the benefits of eating fresh and organic food, as well coming to terms with the many disadvantages of processed food. Bread, being the most consumed food worldwide, has gained a lot of attention in this regard.
Experts have shed light on the fact that it contains a lot of unsafe additives and processed ingredients. Hence, the trend of homemade bread, now. This has resulted in the increasing popularity of automatic bread makers. These are all-in-one machines that knead, mix, and bake bread without requiring too much in the way of effort and attendance.
There are no more long and grueling processes of mixing, combining, and kneading ingredients. We all know that kneading requires a lot of work. Bread makers can certainly save you time and energy. All you have to do is add the ingredients, set the settings that you want, and you’re ready to bake. There’s less mess and physical effort involved, with all the reward.
If you are a busy person who likes to make your own homemade bread, a bread maker can save your day. You don’t even have to be a busy person to invest in one of these appliances. If you just want to save some time so you can do other more important things, it’s as good a reason as any other to invest in one.
The Sunbeam 5891 bread maker is one of the largest bread makers on the market. However, just like any other item that we purchase, there will always be pros and cons. This review will address both the advantages and disadvantages of the Sunbeam 5891 bread maker. This article will address questions of price, features, ease of operation, performance, maintenance, durability, and versatility.
Please keep in mind that this review is only intended as a guide. Every purchase still depends on individual preferences and requirements.
Sunbeam 5891 Bread Maker Features
The Sunbeam 5891 bread maker offers several features:
- Item dimensions: 10 x 15 x 13 in
- Item weight: 18.6 lbs
- 12 baking settings for a larger baking variety: Basic, French, Whole Wheat, Quick, Sweet, ExpressBake® 1.5-lb.,ExpressBake® 2.0-lb., Dough, Jam, Cake, Sandwich, and Bake
- The option to make 1-1/2- or 2-pound sized loaves
- Three shade selections for crusts – light, medium, dark
- 13-hour programmable delay bake for convenient baking any time
- Manual with numerous recipes are included. Recipes are Homestyle White Bread, ExpressBake® 1.5-lb. Traditional-Style White Bread, Traditional White Bread, Classic French Bread, Whole Wheat Bread, Banana-Pecan Bread , Oatmeal Date Bread , Chock Full o’ Chocolate Walnut-Zucchini Bread , Orange-Anise Braided Ring, Standard Cake Mix, Sandwich Loaf, Year-Round Spiced Peach Jam, Egg Glaze, Egg Yolk Glaze, Egg White Glaze, Browned Butter Glaze, Cinnamon Glaze , Citrus Glaze, Creamy Vanilla Glaze, Garlic Butter, Herb-Cheese Butter, Italian Herb Butter, Choco-Banana Spread, Ham and Swiss Spread, Herb-Cream Cheese Spread, Honey-Walnut Spread, and Ripe Olive Spread.
- Aside from bread and sandwiches, it can also make pizza dough, cakes, and jam
- Removable non-stick bread pan
- Large viewing window
- ’Keep warm’ setting that can keep your bread warm for up to one hour
- In the event of a power interruption, it can resume its cycle provided the power is restored in less than 30 minutes.
- Features 12 settings offering you versatility for your diet and taste preferences
- User friendly. Simply add the ingredients, choose the desired settings, then start.
- Has a removable non-stick pan allowing easy clean up and maintenance
- Easy removal of bread from the pan, as it is non-stick
- 13-hour programmable delay timer allowing you to delay the bake time
- Easy to monitor the progress of your baking, as it has a large viewing window
- Delivers consistently excellent results
- No gluten-free setting (still depends on your preference)
- No extra kneading paddle
- Recipes are not as detailed as other models
- Makes a vertical loaf instead of traditional horizontal loaf
- No safety reminder for the user to remove the kneading paddle before baking
The Sunbeam 5891 bread maker is a good quality budget choice. It is on the lower end of the pricing scale, yet it is durable. There may be more expensive bread makers on the market, but this device still makes good quality loaves at just a fraction of the cost. It is a versatile bread maker, featuring several options and can be used as well for making pizza dough, jams, and cakes. The set-up is simple and foolproof.
However, if you prefer to make gluten-free bread, this bread maker might not be for you. The recipe book provided is not very detailed, hence beginners could opt to buy a separate bread maker recipe book. Almost every item on the market comes with its own specific disadvantages, but overall the Sunbeam 5891 bread maker can be still considered a good value option, for its price.
For this review, it is highly recommended for those who are looking for a budget-friendly yet durable bread maker. For holidays, this can be used as a great gift, as well.