As more people, every day, are realising the benefits of eating fresh and organic food, as well as the disadvantages of processed food specifically, homemade has become an emerging and wonderful trend. Bread is the most consumed food worldwide, and has gained a lot of attention in the homemade market.
Experts claim it contains a lot of unsafe additives and processed ingredients. With this in mind, homemade bread has become a must-have baked item in many homes. This has resulted in the greatly increasing popularity of bread makers.
It is an all in one machine that kneads, mixes, and bakes bread, without requiring too much in the way of effort or attendance. The long and grueling process of mixing, combining, and kneading ingredients is a thing of the past.
We all know kneading requires a lot of work. Bread makers can definitely save you some time and energy, in this respect. All you have to do is add the ingredients, set the settings you want, and let the bread maker take care of the rest. This means less mess and much less physical effort.
If you are a busy person who enjoys making your own bread, a bread maker can save your day, or at least a good few hours out of it. You don’t even need to necessarily be a busy person in order to have one of these devices in your home. Maybe you just want to save yourself a little time, or maybe you have a busy schedule – either way, this is an easy investment to make.
Zojirushi has already made a reputation of making high quality bread makers, setting it apart as one of the most top selling bread machine brands on the market. However, just like any other item, there will always be pros and cons to purchasing a device like this. This review will address both the advantages and disadvantages of the Zojirushi BB-PAC20 Home Bakery Virtuoso bread maker.
For this review, we will take into consideration the price, features, ease of operation, performance, maintenance, durability, and versatility of this product. Please be reminded that this review is only intended as a guide. Every purchase relies on your own individual preferences.
Zojirushi BB-PAC20 Home Bakery Virtuoso Bread Maker Features
The Zojirushi BB-PAC20 Home Bakery Virtuoso bread maker has several notable features:
- Item dimension: 10.5 x 18 x 13 in
- Item weight: 22 pounds
- Has removable non-stick bread pan
- Light, medium, and dark crust shades
- 10 pre-programmed settings: regular basic, quick basic, regular wheat, quick wheat, gluten free, regular dough, quick dough, sourdough starter, cake, and jam
- 13-hour delay timer, allowing you to delay the end of the baking cycle by up to 13 hours
- Large viewing window
- Comes with an instructional DVD and a user manual with several recipes
- Beeps when additional ingredients, such as nuts and fruits, need to be added
- Includes an eight-ounce measuring cup and a teaspoon/tablespoon measuring spoon with double ends
- Two kneading blades
- Additional heater contained in the lid, for even baking
- Several features making it versatile for your tastes and diet preferences
- User friendly, with only three main steps: add ingredients, choose the desired setting, then start
- Removable non-stick bread pan, making clean up and maintenance easier
- Allows easy removal of bread from the non-stick bread pan
- Produces quality bread
- Gluten free setting
- ‘Home Made’ setting which lets you program your preferred knead, rise, and bake times. It has three memory settings, which essentially give you your own three custom menu settings.
- Aside from bread, it can also work like an oven and bake meatloaf.
- Has dual kneading blades, resulting thoroughly-kneaded dough, that rises higher
- Comes with additional items, like a measuring cup and spoon
- Has a delay timer that lets you bake the bread at a later time. This can be used when you want to add ingredients at night, then start baking in the morning.
- Features a large viewing window, letting you monitor the baking process.
- Stands horizontally, letting you bake a traditional horizontal loaf.
- Has an additional heater built into the lid, for even baking.
- Suitable for beginner and professional bakers.
The Zojirushi BB-PAC20 Home Bakery Virtuoso is a well-made, high-quality, technologically advanced bread maker. It is loaded with several impressive features, allowing for ultimate versatility according to your specific tastes and diet preferences.
While it shares some features with other bread makers, some of its features, such as the additional heater on the lid to ensure even baking on all sides, dual kneading blades, and custom menu settings, are not available in other cheaper bread makers. It is built to last, with a stainless-steel design. The bread maker has a simple set-up, and is easy to use. For beginners in bread making, a detailed user manual and recipe book are provided.
For professional bakers, custom menu settings are available, too. Hence, whether you are a beginner or professional baker, the Zojirushi BB-PAC20 Home Bakery Virtuoso bread maker can be your best friend. The only downside we can think of for this machine is its price. It is expensive, but it is reasonable for what you’re getting, and really worth every penny. For this review, it is recommended for those who take bread making seriously.